At Rymal Square Family Dentists, we strive to address your emergency dental needs. While no one needs to be burdened with dental problems, they are a daily fact of life.
Please take a note of the following list below for appropriate management during each dental emergency. Ignoring a dental problem can increase the risk of permanent damage as well as the need for more extensive and expensive treatment later on.
Please be sure to contact our office as soon as possible to allow timely management of the emergency.
Symptoms of Dental Emergency: If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, you should call us immediately.
- Swollen or unusually bumpy gums
- Severe tooth or jaw pain
- Bleeding from the gums
- Facial swelling
- Loose teeth
What is a Dental Emergency?
- Front tooth knocked out
- Cracked, chipped or fractured tooth
- Broken tooth, lost fillings or lost crown
- Abscessed tooth
- Tissue injury and facial pain (e.g. lacerations, puncture wounds…)
- Infected wisdom teeth
- Conditions like infections or abscesses can be very serious and need to be addressed right away. An abscess may require a root canal, and an infected tooth may need to be pulled. The sooner you come see us, the sooner one of our general dentists can assess your situation and choose the best course of treatment.